Friday, May 9, 2008

Cake for L!

Today we celebrated L's b-day! I don't buy store made cakes, I'm too cheap! So over the years I have made the boys' b-day cakes, and each year I try to make them as cool as they want them to be. This year L wanted a black and red dragon cake, a full body dragon cake. Hmmm, I glanced at some online, but then I just decided to wing it!
I made 2 cake mixes and used a bunt pan, round pan, glass bowl, mini loaf pan, and a few cupcakes. I used chocolate frosting, gum drops, and fruit rollups. L totally loved it, I was so glad it didn't end up a pile of cake crumbs with a candle on top!
We kept it simple, just my Bro and his family, some pizza and a ton of smiles! Happy Birthday L!

3 comments:

Thomas Family said...

B, I already thought you were cool, but after seeing you're wicked cake- making skills, I think you're super cool. You'll have to tell me how you did that, it looks awesome!

Natalie said...

WOW - You are so creative! Those boys are lucky to have such a great mom.

EstesSBTAK said...

Super cool cake... good job. Happy Bday L!