Thursday, March 13, 2008

Stubborn!


I wonder who he got it from...

We have the keyboard learning kit from LDS.org, and a little beginners player book. The first few days after we got the piano R was learning from the book all on his own. Then one day he asked J and I if he has to learn the piano. We told him YES! He pouted and said he didn't want to at all. To Bad was what he heard from us. I did tell him that he didn't have to take lessons until after baseball season was over this year. I told him of those we know who can play the piano, and how great of a thing it really is, and what else he can do once he knows how to read music. Then we left it at that.

Well, for a boy who doesn't want to learn to play at all, he is on that thing every day! He has learned all the little songs from the beginner’s book on his own. Then he heard me learning from the keyboard course kit and informed me that he was going to learn it to. I guess all I had to do was have the books out, and let him see me try them and not say a word to him about it. Right now I hear him plinking away and every once in a while I hear a few notes from the simplified "Jesus the Very Thought of Thee" hymn.

He is like this so often, you just can't push him, he has to believe it's all him, he can be so stubborn and independent! I sure love this kid, he just cracks me up!

1 comment:

The Piano Wizard Queen said...

You should let R use Piano Wizard, he might find learning the piano more enjoyable and interesting. Piano Wizard is a video game that will teach R how to play the piano and read notes as well. By the time he reaches the fourth level of the game, he will be reading notes already. He can also learn how to play virtually any song with Piano Wizard. For more information, please read visit Piano Wizard.