Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday Favorites!

1) The Count Of Monte Cristo - I read this book a while back and loved it, I also enjoyed the movie that they made a few years ago. That movie doesn't follow the book exactly and has different endings, but is still very good. I found another movie that follows the book and it's so good! It's all in French with English subtitles and is super long, about 8 hours. I have been watching sections of it over the past few nights, tonight I get to finish it up!

2) Jogging - I have always been very wimpy when it came to jogging. M got me to go jog with her last weekend and I actually survived! So I decided I needed to start doing it. But what to do with the boys? Well, we live on a back country culdesack, you can see my house on either end of the road. So I measured it and if I run it 15 times it equals a mile. Yesterday the kids went out with me and ran as much as they could and then just played while I plugged along, then afterwards R told me we should do this everyday, so I told him OK!

3) AM Wake-up Call - My best friend JBug has been soooo nice and all week has been giving me a wake-up call between 6am and 6:30am so I will get my rear in gear! I have a hard time waking up early, but she has made it easy! Getting up earlier has helped me stay more on top of things this week, get in a few extra workouts, and helped me not feel so stinkin rushed, Thank you JBug!!!

4) Eragon - We have been listening to Eragon on CD as we drive around. It is above L so he hasn't been paying attention like he usually does, he'll only catch bits and pieces of if. R is just loving it! We bought Eldest in book form so when we are all done listening to Eragon R can read it, he can't wait!

5)School Conference - R's school conferences crack me up. It is student led, so he does just about all the talking, shows me his best work, and decides what he needs to work on. His teacher just sits back with a smile on her face. So far every teacher has been like that. Then I am told that he is just a wonderful boy and they never have any problems and he's ahead on everything. It's such a breeze and R always walks out feeling great about himself!

1 comment:

Holbrook's said...

We also listened to Eragon and loved it...the movie, not so much. I can't believe how much the boys look like Jared...crazy.