Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday Favorites!

Hooray, no school for the boys today!

Some of the week's Favorites:

1. Canning -
Canning takes so long that I surprise myself that I actually like to do it. I finally found some jars to can with. It took several searches and had no luck. I finally got the base stickers on my truck and so I scored jars at the commissary. I turned my red apples into apple sauce, 1/2 my Fuji's into sauce as well (still have the rest to do) and canned the last of our carrots from my garden. They look so happy and orange, so exciting! I'm happy that it worked, I'm always so surprised when I hear that 'ding'. I am canning my tomatoes and more with my Sis-in-Law M on Saturday, can't wait!

2. Saturn - Saturn is amazing, I mean its just so majestic and those rings are what make it top dog in the planet world!
Just teasing, I mean this Saturn:
J had found this car for super cheap from a guy at work. But then J deployed, and the other guy did too and so it never went through. This stunk since we sold our old Saturn and thought we'd have this other car to replace it. Hmmm...Well, awesome day, we got a call the other night, and the wife of the guy finally got hold of us. It's almost the same Saturn as our last one, but has AC and less miles! When I told R about the AC he was so happy, he's just as tired as I am of sweatin' it out in the summer!

3. No Cavities -/span><

The boys and I had our dental check-up this week. Embarrassing...I had 2 cavities, I totally blame it on...well, me. I eat too much sugar and drink soda like its goin' outta style! And R had one, but L was cavity free! So he got to pick out a toy, he got a new transformer. R was pretty disappointed, but is now determined not to get anymore so the next time he can get a cool toy too. I thought it was pretty crazy that me, the Mom, had more cavities than my kids! Oops...

4. Messages - With J so busy I have started calling his cell phone a lot. But it's always turned off during the day since he's on the boat and if left on it will roam until the battery dies. So I just call him up and leave him messages throughout my day. He said that one guy was a little jealous since he had so many messages to listen to from me and the boys on his walk to the parking lot!

5. Pumpkin Patch - I LOVE pumpkins!!!!! I think they are just the coolest things ever to grow on a vine! We went to this farm last year and practically drowned in it, and we went for a short time on Tuesday with the scouts, and next week L has a field trip there. Today we went with friends. As you can tell by how often I've gone, I might have a slight pumpkin addiction!



3 comments:

flyingsolo said...

I just love seeing the photos!!! Hurray for gardening and the wonders of fall!!!

Natalie said...

Fun... We love pumpkin patches, too! Way to go with all that canning - I've never done it, but I should.

Holbrook's said...

I love canning too! I have a really great spaghetti sauce recipe it you would like. I hope to have a garden big enough one day to can my own veggies! Laura and I canned some apple sauce while I was up in Sandpoint. It was great. Those sour apples that grow up there make REALLY good sauce! Isn't fall great!