Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Whew, That was close!



Yesterday I picked up the boys after school, went straight to piano practice, then got them each a plain cheeseburger from McD's, then to Hunter Farms for the scouts field trip. The got to have a tracker ride to a the pumpkins and pick one out. Well, L had soccer pics at 6:10pm and so I had to leave early to get him there. There were 3 other drivers and room for R to get a ride to the church building after the scouts finished their trip. He didn't want to leave early, So I left him there and told him I'd pick him up afterwards at church.
He thought I'd be there waiting when he arrived. I was still about 2 miles down the road with L. While I was still at soccer with L I got a call from J asking where I was and that R was waiting for me. I told him I could leave right then and be there within minutes. As I pulled up to the church R was outside waiting for me. He told me all about how he was worried that I wasn't there and so had to call Dad to find me and that he now is memorizing my cell phone number. (I've given it to him before but he didn't care until now)

At bedtime R says to me, "Mom, I was really lucky that Dad was home when I called"
I said, "Oh-yeah?!"
R - "Yeah, cuz I only knew our home phone and 911!"

Now, there were still a lot of people at church when I got there (that we all know), and he had been there maybe 10 minutes. There were still other scouts there and the scout leaders too. But, I have no doubt in my mind that he was contemplating dialing 911 if he couldn't get hold of me! Now that would be a crazy situation! I tried to explain to him that he was fine, I knew where he was, and the leaders knew where I was, but that didn't matter I guess!

3 comments:

HoorayforHansons said...

Oh Man B! That was a close one!

Bonster said...

No kidding! I guess it shows how my boys are always around me...I go 'missing' for 10 min and it's time to call the police! :-)

flyingsolo said...

You truly have an awesome adventure of a life! Love you, Momba