Thursday, April 24, 2008

Getting Ready!

Kindergarten registration is here...Yikes! L will be 5 next month so that means he gets to go to school this September, how in the world did my baby get so old?!
So I asked him if he was ready:

Me - Are you ready for Kindergarten L?
L - I don't know?
Me - Well, lets see...hmmm....uh, can you eat a snack?
L - Yes!
Me - Sweet! Ok, can you...uh...go potty all by yourself?
L - Yeah!
Me - Oh-Yeah!....OK, can you.....color?
L - (Big smile) Yes!
Me - Wait, I mean,....can you color with markers?
L - (hands in the air) Yes!
Me - Can you spell your 1st name?
L - Yes, (then he does it)
Me - Can you spell your last name?
L - Uh...its hard...
Me - That's OK, we'll practice -K-!
L - OK!
Me - Do you know all your letters?
L - I Fink So
Me - Should we practice more?
L - Yes! (then sings his ABC song)
Me - Can you count?
L - Yes, but I need to practice.
Me - OK! Now....can you...cut with scissors?
L - YES!
Me - Wait....can you play on a playground?
L - OhYeah!
Me - So are you gonna be ready?!
L - YES!

We also have large windows and so I painted the alphabet, some numbers, our names and last name, and the days of the week. He is so stinkin' cute, and he is pretty excited for school to come his way, he has been very willing to practice anything that will help him be ready!

2 comments:

The Tills said...

CUTE! I love it! You guys always have such cute conversations. He will have so much fun in Kindergarten.

flyingsolo said...

Absolutely beautiful photo of L! His profile brings back memories of his mom when she was little...