Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday Favorites!

1. Crystal Light packets - Sometimes I have a hard time drinking water, and I'm a bit of a pop-a-holic, and so these little H2O flavor packets are just perfect!

2. Courage - I get lost so easily, I mean VERY easily, like if I blink too much during traffic I will lose my way! Before we got our cell phones I had gotten Very lost in a city not too far from me, I didn't know where I was or how to find my way for 45 long minutes, if the boys hadn't been with me I'd have been bawling! But they were there and so I kept my cool. Well, I went back to that city today (with my charged phone just in case) and I drove around, went to a few stores and made my way out like it was nothing!

3. A new book series - My friend M lent me the "Fishers of Men" series by Gerald N. Lund. It is a 3 book series that is set during the time Jesus was living on the earth. I have just started the first one, but am very excited about them!

4. Long Showers - I have to admit that I love to take very long showers to unwind. But I'm not the only one. When R is getting very cranky I tell him to go take a shower, he usually gives me a terrible look and pouts his way in there, but 30 minutes later he emerges a clean smelling happy kid! Yesterday I did this after he had forgotten his homework, and so last night he had a whole weeks worth to do, I made him do all of it and by the end he was as crabby and stressed as can be. So then I said, hop in the shower and stay there til the hot water runs out. He came out feeling so much better and was our R that is fun to be around!

5. Unplugged - I told the boys the X-Box got broken and I stashed it away. L went through serious gaming withdrawals, but it has been so good! He has become unplugged! J also took L's DS with him when he went underway, so right now there is only one DS for 2 boys and they are pretty much waiting til the the other one comes home to play with them. I am seriously considering canceling Satellite, but I have to wait to talk that over with J when he gets back!

2 comments:

zeeny said...

We also like the crystal light packets! I love long showers and I hate getting lost! R just bought a gps, which I thought was a silly purchase. After using it once I am so glad he got it!!

Holbrook's said...

The Fishers of Men series is AWSOME! Even though it is fictional it really makes you think about what you would have believed at that time. I LOVED THEM! Bravo on unplugging the boys. I get so worried sometimes that my kids are going to be little couch potatoes! Keep up the good work!