Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday Favorites!

1. Feeling Good - I'm starting to feel so much better, my fight with April is coming to an end! This morning I woke up and didn't feel like someone had stolen all my "batteries", I feel like I'm starting to Wake Up! I'm down to 3 pills instead of 4, and my inhaler use has slowed down too! I love feeling healthy, especially after feeling so sick!

2. Diet Squirt - When I was a little girl I remember my Dad drinking Squirt, I loved it then just because he drank it. I always thought that the name Squirt sounded sour, so when I'd take a sip of his soda I would make a face and say, "ooh, that's sour huh Dad!" And he'd always agree! Now as an adult I love to grab a diet Squirt every now and then, and this week I've had a hankerin' for some and so I got a few 2-liters of it. My boys love to sneak sips of my soda, just like when I was little with my Dad! (I know I've posted about Diet Squirt before, but this week its a favorite again!)


3. Bikes - J aired up the tires of L's bike, and I got him a new helmet (Lily the dog ate the other one!) and got R a bigger bike at the Goodwill for $7.50, they are loving it, and the weather has been so nice that it is so easy to go outside and hop on the bikes and ride around!

4. Blogging - I love blogging! It is fun to read others' blogs, but I love posting on mine! It is so fast and it looks so nice, I never have time to write journals, or make scrapbooks like I'd want to, so Blogging is the perfect alternative. I print every post and put it in a binder, this is the family journal/scrapbook! When we got to make a package to send to J I just gabbed all the postings I had done since he left and sent them to him and that way he could read up on all the funnies and happenings at home. The boys love going on our blog and seeing their pictures, R will even sit down and look at the binder like it is a book.

5. Visiting Family - Any visits with family and friends is just fabulous! A few days ago after J got off work we drove down to his Sis M's house where his 2 other sisters D and J were there with Bro-in-Law B. We got to meet our niece M for the 1st time, she was a cutie! Niece H and L hit is off big time, we hung out and had dinner at Applebee's, it was a nice little visit!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

I print out the posts on my blog too. But I am usually a few months behind. I transfer them to a word document, change a few things, save it and print them. It's my way of doing family history.

flyingsolo said...

I can't believe how all of you have grown! Wonderful.

Holbrook's said...

Here is another favorite to add to the list...Peine girls!! I miss all you girls! Diana's hair is so long! So where are you living right now? I thought M was in New Mexico?? Do any of the other girls have blogs?

Guinevere said...

Glad you're on the upswing girl! I love blogging too. It's a wonderful invention. The boys are getting sooo big!!

zippy said...

I know there are a few ways to do it, but...just how do you print your blog? I'd like to start saving a hard copy of ours...it's the only form of family journal or family history we have--I've never been good at journaling and scrapbooking is a dream I keep having but it never comes true. : ) Can ya help a sista out and pass along some instructions? Thanks!