Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Fugitive!


Tonight I was on my way to a program at church. I had to drop off the neighbor boy and then drop off my kids at my friend G's house and me and her were carpooling in together.

So naturally if I hurry and only obey some of the most necessary laws of the road would I have made it on time...

As I was coming to the end of our road I noticed a big SUV and a 4-wheeler on the side of the road and both drivers were out talking. I (like I always do) slowed down enough to see if there was any on coming traffic and seeing none kept on zooming. One of the men yelled "Hey!" and was waving his arms over his head at me. I was thinking maybe they were stuck and needed help or something. Then I noticed the uniform...

It was a cop who was lecturing the 4-wheeler and was now yelling at me! I rolled the window down and he said," Is there a stop sign right there?!" I said, "(pause)...ummm Yes..." Then he yelled very grumpily, "Well try using it next time!"

I was allowed to keep on going and the cop's wrath was returned to the poor 4-wheeler, Whew, no ticket for me this time!

R said as we were driving away, "Is there a stop sign there Mom?"
Me-"Yes there is"
R (only a tad sarcastic) -"Well, why don't you start using it!"

3 comments:

TimmFreitas said...

nice cartoon...and nice story...it made me smile

Natalie said...

So funny... you lucky girl!

zippy said...

Lucky! How come I never get off the easy?