Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday Favorites!

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted a Friday Favorites!

1. Run Fat Boy Run! - J and I watched this movie this week and had a good laugh!

2. @*#%^*@ - R was reading a book I picked out at the library called 'The Last Dragon' and he was telling me he really liked it and it was really good.
Then he says, "But when it says a swear word I just say a different word in my head"
Me, "HUH?, So is there a lot of swear words in that book?"

R, "Yeah! But just one."
Me (a little nervous) "So what does the swear word start with?"
R "You know, the 'ST' word"
Me, "Oh...You mean Stupid?"
R, "Yes! So I just say dumb in my head"
Me (greatly relieved that I didn't give my 9 year old a book heaped with profanity) "Good job R, that's a great solution!"

3. The boys & school - The boys had their school open house this week. They were so excited to show me everything in their classes. Both teachers had great things to say about my boys, I just had to agree with them! And now that L is in school I get to volunteer in class. So Tue is R's class and Wed is L's class, It's fun and the boys are loving that I come to their school!

4. J - I just love that J is home! There is a whole different feeling in the house. He's just one of my favorite people ever and he is too fun to be around!

5. Online shopping - R finished the 2nd Fablehaven and I told him if he did then I'd buy book #3. Well I checked out 6 different stores and they didn't have it in stock! So I ordered it from Overstock.com and it's on its way. Plus Bonus for me, I get to be one awesome Mom because the 2nd book from the new series by Spiderwick
was available too and so that's on its way. R doesn't know it yet, but he will be mighty surprised!

2 comments:

Misty said...

we've missed you!

The Peine Family said...

That's so fun! I'm glad he's home!