Thursday, September 4, 2008

H, I, ,K, L, M...I'm missing something here...

OK, this is probably going to be the biggest crybaby post out there...
(and yesterdays was so happy)

I miss that J! A lot! Like, I'm all melancholy about it.
(And a whole lot of whiny)

I sure miss him when:

- I thought that drain I 'fixed' wasn't really fixed, even after the 2nd try.
- When mowing the lawn the stupid mower either ran out of gas or broke (not sure if a wee bit of smoke coming off the thing is good or not) Now the lawn has a split personality. (embarrassing)
- When my baby went to Kindergarten today. (rip my heart out)
- When the car makes a little rattly funny noise and I'm wondering if I should be worried about it or not. (wish I had a back-up car just in case)
- When the number he gave me to fax his transcripts doesn't work. (panic)
- When I paid the bills and I'm wondering if I got them all.
- When L has soccer and I have soccer, and homework, and I can't be in 2 places (or 3 or 4 for that matter) at the same time, and the kids are hungry.
- When I'm tired and its not even 8pm.
- When the boys tell me they miss their Dad a whole lot too. (I think I'm superwoman for not tearing up in front of them)

I've missed my husbands shoulder to cry on, lean on, and whine on. I sure needed it today.
Man, looking at that list it shows me that those things aren’t even that bad, but they sure don’t feel good.

In my head I've called him a jerk all day, and thought, "Where is that stupid J when I need him, under the ocean that's where!! What good is that to me, huh?!?!?!?!?"
Then I felt really really REALLY bad about it.

I think I'm a little irrational because both my boys are now in school. (Now that is really uncool) I don't do well when my kids are gone. AND I feel like I'm playing catch up tooooo much, and I missed MY soccer game, and that's not fair!

OK, OK, enough being 3 years old and having a tantrum, I still love that J, and I'll just have to plan next week out better so I can drag myself to all the wonderful activities that the boys and I get to do.

I really am blessed, so I'll stop acting like I'm not.

5 comments:

The Tills said...

Aaaaahhhh, your NOT acting like your not blessed....your just MISSING you hubby more than you realize. I'm sure it's tough, I wish I could fix it for you! You are such a trooper! I really look
at you and say, "WOW, I don't know how she does it...because I don't hink I could". Your one tough chicky! Hang in there...not much longer and you will have your hubby home, :o)
Love you girlie and if you need to chat...I am always here for you!!!!
Have a GREAT day today and keep a smile on your face and your chin up!
xoxoxo

flyingsolo said...

Crybaby! Just kidding.....:)

Natalie said...

You are a trooper! My husband worked the evening shift and I was feeling sorry for myself when I KNOW I have no right to feel that way when it's only one evening a month - nothing compared to what you ladies have to deal with!

Keep busy and write him your thoughts... He'll appreciate knowing how much you've missed him!

...and supercute post title by the way!

EstesSBTAK said...

Girl.. I know exactly how you feel. I also have a funny noise in the car, the lawnmower wouldn't start and then got it started after banging on it a few times- and the smoke appears! Somedays the kids cry so much for dad to come home... and I think why can't I just sit down and cry too! My fridge is not working correctly and the list goes on! I miss my Stephen so much! I miss having our wonderful dad home! I feel so blessed to have my 3 kids to keep me extremely busy while he is away... Heavenly Father sure knows what he's doing. Pray - HE is there! Have a better day!

The Peine Family said...

After Sean got home from his first deployment I had a sense of relief for a long time, but the more time that goes by, the more we worry that his time is coming again. I know it isn't easy. You're doing a great job staying positive.