Monday, November 5, 2007

Sunday Thoughts


I have the blessing of teaching every other Sunday in Young Womens. I love it!! I get to learn so much and I get to hang out with these awesome girls and the other YW leaders are just so wonderful and loving. It is a nice safe place that I get recharged at and can face another week of go-go-go! This Sunday the lesson was on Optimism, it was great!

The scripture was Doctrine and Covenants 90:24 and it says "Search diligently, pray always, and be believing, and all things shall work together for your good, if ye walk uprightly and remember the covenant wherewith ye have covenanted one with another."

Then there was a list of things you can do to become more optimistic in life:

1. Count your blessings.
2. Learn the power of laughter.
3. Enjoy beautiful music and literature. They can lift your spirits.
4. Look for beauty everywhere you go. Look for it in nature, in art, and in the faces of loved ones.
5. Strive to improve yourself each day.
6. Look for the good in everything.
7. Understand and live the gospel, “for in right living there can be no remorse of conscience” (Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 2nd ed. [Salt Lake City: Bookcraft, 1966], p. 124).


After going over this lesson and talking with the ladies I realized what a blessing it is to be able to see the good in life. And that I have the power to react the way I want to to anything and still be happy. My goal is to try and be optimistic even when life seems to be difficult!

1 comment:

zeeny said...

I loved teaching Young Women's...I always seemed to get a lot from the lessons. Thanks for the post, I really needed it today!