Monday, July 14, 2008

Girls Camp!

Me and MW
We got home Sat night from Idaho, and Sun was homework, finish up beads that I'd been working on for months, wash clothes, and try not to panic!
Mon I dropped off beads at camp (which is only about a mile away!) and took R to the doctors for his crazy eyes-by now his whole face was red and rough and he even had scabs near his eyes, all the meds I had were doing nothing to relieve his allergies. The doctor was awesome and R got eye drops, allegra, and a cortizone cream for his face. I stayed home with him and L to get the meds going and already by Tue morning he was looking better!
So packed them and me up and ran the boys to my Bro's. They were so excited! They can't wait for girls camp to start cuz it means staying the week at S&M's house, I love that they can go there, I never worry a drop when they are there!
I made it to camp by lunch time on Tue and was so happy that my friend MW came to camp with me, while I was gone she took care of everything! We had 21 girls from our ward go, way cool! There was about 150 girls and leaders there this year. It was one awesome year! I love the little hikes, the devotionals, the food totally rocked, the crafts were uber cute, of course the testimony meeting was wonderful, and the weather couldn't have been better!
The 1st aid leaders planned this awesome activity. They made a mock-battle and split the girls into 2 groups-Lamanites and Nephites. The ammo was water balloons and flour bombs inside of nylons sitting in the middle of the feild. Man it was the coolest thing to see all the girls run in and just get into it! A few of us leaders had super soaker guns and we got to run around the outside and spray the girls--I only got flour bombed once and stayed dry until after it was all done MW got me w/my water bottle! After all ammo was used then there were the "wounded" that the girls had to treat. It was just the funnest idea, and afterwards all the girls got to jump in the lake to wash off their flour.
I love going to girls camp!

No comments: