Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday Favorites!

1. Cribbage - J came home the other day w/a cribbage board! It was so neat 'cuz I always talk about them and about the game and how much I love to play. My Mom always played cribbage w/us growing up and it was so fun! So when J brought it home I was so excited, but it turned out I had almost forgotten how to play, good thing it had a rule book w/it! So I won the 1st game, and J won the 2nd, I think his was beginners luck!

2. Dinner By R - The Menu and The Chicken Pot Pie

R has made the week's dinner menu, and has helped me cook the dinner's. He was very excited to do this, and I have to admit, it has made dinner prep much more fun for me!

3. Library Reading -
The library has a summer reading challenge. Every week there is some cool activity, and every Wed. there is Wacky Wed., you have to find 3 wacky things in the library and then you get to pick a fun prize out of the treasure chest. This week they had fake mustaches!

4. Clearing -



We bought a jungle instead of woods when we got out here. J has been Awesome at clearing it! This summer he has made some crazy headway out there and is now putting up a fence, its so exciting! The boys especially love to help out Dad out in the woods!

5. Pool - We got a little pool since there are not many clean swimming places around. So the kids get to splash it up in the pool, or put the sprinkler under the trampoline for some fun jumping! They have just loved that little pool, they are in and out of it all day, what fun boys!

2 comments:

Paije said...

If my kids made the menu for the week it would probably read "candy" every night! Paije

Natalie said...

Great pictures... How fun to let the kids pick out the menu. I let mine pick one meal a week, which usually is mac and cheese or pizza. The pizza I don't mind, but I can't swallow mac and cheese! Your yard looks great, lots of hard work has been done!