Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Fowl Day!




Saturday was a super fun and looong day. My friend G came over and we canned turkey! I have never pressure cooked anything, so it was so awesome to learn something new. We started the day at 9:30am and finished the day at 11:30pm! We cooked, deboned, packed, made broth, pressure cooked, exercised, died my hair, and laughed it up for 14 hours! The kitchen went from clean to dirty-and back again multiple times during the day. My 2 boys and her 4 kids played so well all day, what great kids!



The 1st 2 pics are of the Turkey day. The kitchen got sooo messy, then the meat is all canned and wonderful!
The last 2 pics is of our Apple day in November, we canned applesauce and apple pie filling. There was over 40lbs of Fuji's peeled and cut up!

5 comments:

zippy said...

You are amazing! Way to go! When I grow up I want to be just like you!! : )

zeeny said...

Wow...impressive. I have never canned anything!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Natalie said...

Quite impressive... I have only canned jam and that doesn't really count because you don't have to pressure cook it! Way to go!