Saturday, January 19, 2008

Censure


There are times I wonder if I should censure my kids...But I know I really can't, they are these funny individuals and I love to see how they think and process life. Even if it makes me wonder if I'm teaching them what I should.

Ice Age 2 in the beginning says the word Dam, then they use it in a comedic way and use it a lot. R was watching this at a friends house, and the Mom says, "What did that just say?!" R turns to her and says, "That's why it's rated PG!" He later explained, "It was Dam without the B so it wasn't a swear word" I asked him, "You know how to spell a swear word?" R- "Huh, yeah..."

L heard J say this-"In your face!" And so every once in a while (and he seems to have perfect timing) he pipes up with- In Your Face!

I used to tease J when he was grumpy and I'd tell him to stop being to "Pissy". One day R was so grumpy and I asked him "What is wrong?!" He replied, "I'm just pissy OK?!" I just said, "Oh" and then walked away so I wouldn't laugh right in front of him.

There are times we ask the boys things and they won't answer, it drives me nuts so they get in trouble for it. I make them say-yes, no, or I don't know. L has made me aware that I have taught them this bad habit of not answering. He will ask me something and if I shake my head or mumble "hmm, uh-uh" or something to that effect he says, "Mom, say yes or no!" Don't you just love it when you get your own words thrown in your face?!

I asked L if he liked his new primary teacher. He said, "She's new, she's different than the Old one with the grey hair" To him she didn't have a name, she was just the "Old One".
(On Sunday I asked L's primary Prez. if L was doing better, I told her he is more excited to come on Sunday's now that he is in the CTR 5 class. She just looked at me and said, "He is getting older" Hmmm, not especially comforting, I wonder what he says in primary when I'm not around...)

L and I used a public bathroom that had a certain odor to it, he said "What is that stinky smell?" Then later when reading a Curious George book, George gets sprayed by a skunk and is really smelly. Then L says, "Hey, it was a skunk in that bathroom Mom!"
R is 8, I think he would have manners, well, I like to think I teach him manners. I asked him what he thought of dinner not to long ago, his answer- "It was disgusting, don't make it again, please!"


3 comments:

Natalie said...

Cute boys... They sure have their own unique personalities, don't they? It's fun to hear all that goes on for your family!

Guinevere said...

Your boys are darling! I love to read your blog. So newsie. Like your Friday Favorites too. So clever...

zippy said...

OMGosh--I can't stop laughing!! Too funny! "Out of the mouth of babes" right?