Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Updates!

L had a very fun night last week, the Reading Restaurant! R and I got to go be served some very delicious books in L's class by none other but L himself! He was a Great reader and were were stuffed, but we couldn't say no to a cookie and lemonade for dessert!

On Friday L was awarded the rising star 'Citizenship Award'! Every teacher picks 1 boy and 1 girl from their class who represents:
A positive attitude
Being Responsible
Showing Respect for yourself and others
Giving your best effort
and Year Long good citizenship
Way to L!

R has decided to participate in our local library reading program and the Barnes and Nobles reading program. It's been just a few days and he's on his 3rd book. Currently he has started the 39 Clues series, and the Lost Years of Merlin series.
What a great kid that R is!

My garden has continued to grow, I'm Amazed! And I even ate some strawberries while I was weeding this afternoon, how cool is that?! Everything is taking off, including the weeds :0) I'm totally loving it!
I even grew some pinto beans straight out of a bag of beans meant for cooking and they are all growing. I did the same for a few Lima beans out of a dry 15 bean soup mix, they are growing too! Its all just so exciting to me.
The problems I'm having this year, besides knowing when to stop adding on to the garden, is our dog who keeps running through everything, slugs, and sweet Innocent looking little birds who try to eat the little seedlings. But despite all that, its all taking off.

Here are my snap peas, we had a very windy night a bit back and my wooden tepee fell over and they became a snarly mess, but so far they seem to be OK, and they even have little flowers on them!
This is my container garden experiment with an Eggplant. I've never grown eggplant or grown anything in a reusable shopping bag, we'll see how it goes!
These are my regular peas, they seem to be pretty happy in this web of yarn!
I can't really remember all the types of squash I've planted here, but they sure are growing!

3 comments:

Thomas Family said...

awesome :)

The Tills said...

Good job to L! :o) Sounds like R is already having fun with the reading program...how cool! Your garden looks awesome Bonnie! You'll have to keep us posted on how everything turns out. Wish I was going to be here this fall to help u can.
Oh...I sent a b-day card (late) to Luke...hoping u guys got it????
Love you all!

Ben and Diana Hull said...

So you must be busy, you haven't updated in awhile. Love ya