Monday, June 8, 2009

Too Fun! (and more plants!)





J got the boys dirt bikes a few weeks back. They have so much fun on these things its awesome! They get a bit more daring every time...I'm just waiting for L to figure out that his bike actually has more than 1 gear, but we won't be telling him any time soon! I love hearing them zip around the property, we tell them they can ride anytime they want and they have learned how to get all geared up and start them on their own, too fun!


Here are my boxes, I tried growing lettuce and spinach in them but it wasn't working, I had bad dirt in them, so I swapped out the dirt and put in these perennials, they are just about to bloom pretty pink flowers.

We used to greet all our visitors with a nice weedy entrance by the driveway...Not anymore! I got some dirt and perennials and made a new flowerbed. This is 1/2 way done, I have more dirt and plants to put in. I love it, its so much nicer than before!

Here are my 3 new blackberry bushes, I have high hopes for these guys!



Now, its just a fact, I have a mental disability when it comes to sewing. But for some reason I keep returning to it, I am determined to be able to say that I have some skill in this area. I'm happy to say that I made this curtain! The fabric says, "All things grow with love" once I saw it I wanted it. As I was working on it R asked me if I like sewing, I told him No, he looked at me like I was a crazy person for working so hard on something I don't even like. I Like the idea of sewing, I just don't like the process, or the poor graveyard of fabrics after many of my attempts at being crafty. :-)

3 comments:

Thomas Family said...

I'm going to miss those weeds!

The Peine Family said...

I love seeing photos of your gardening! Once I can be proud of my garden I will start posting photos too. Your curtains look great. Check out our blog for my own latest attempt at sewing (if you're looking for a laugh, that is).

Brenda Vernon said...

The flower bed and the curtains look great. I would say that your sewing skills are coming right along, but that is coming from someone who was kicked out of 4-H sewing. I'm jealous of the dirt bikes, I always wanted one of those when I was little, maybe that's why I didn't do so well in my sewing class.