Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Such a Blessing!

This year I have officially caught the gardening bug!!!
Last year J built me a square foot garden after I saw a show about it on BYU TV.
I was amazed at how easy it was to grow veggies and how much I loved it.

This year I am concentrating more time and energy on gardening. I am trying new ideas, new seeds, new ways to weed and fertilize.

I'm enjoying it so much. It is a great blessing to have this land and be able to work with it and do more than just clearing it out; we get to cultivate it and grow with it.

I hope that my efforts prove fruitful, however, if they don't I still am enjoying the journey!

My square foot garden has grown, I've added on with traditional rows and mounds.

Our 1st year here I got 2 Cherry and 2 Apple trees. Last year I got 1 tiny apple, this year I'm getting what looks like at least 2 cherries! Hooray, enough to top 2 sundaes!

J planted these shrubs to boarder the lawn and driveway, they are so cute!

Our Strawberries from last year moved from their small container to this one. They are doing great, J even cut down a tree and it fell on them and they haven't died!

L and I planted some Carnation seeds in these little pots.

Here are White Onion bulbs.

Some Tomatoes.

Snap Peas, we Love these!

This is our mixed leaf lettuce.

Here are some Green Peas and a Hybrid Corn.

Idaho Potatoes!

Green Beans I hope to Can this fall.

Squash, pumpkins, and cantaloupes.

My new raspberry patch.

This is a new garden patch on a different part of our property, planted Black Beans, Sugar Pumpkins, and Red Potatoes.

These are my new Blackberry bushes, they will be planted with my Raspberries.

This is my little container garden, I am teaching an Enrichment class about it so thought I'd give it a go! Here are Watermelons, Zucchini, Spinach, and Cilantro.

1 comment:

The Tills said...

How Cool! I can't wait until we can garden....looks like you guys are having a lot of fun and going to have some yummy stuff from your garden. LOVE IT!