Monday, December 15, 2008

I Sure Love Those Boys!


R and L sure crack me up!

After a run around hectic day that ended in missing L's basketball practice because I thought it was from 6-7pm when it was really 5-6pm (oops), I decided that McDonald's was a pretty good idea.
So after we were loaded up to our eyeballs in chicken nuggets, fries, snack wraps, a few cookies, and a large soda for myself we headed home. As L was happily munching away on a nugget he asked me what part of the chicken he was eating. I told him the muscle part, all meat comes from the muscle. Then he asked if chicken was good for you and I said yes (I didn't go into the it's-not-so-good-when-its-fried-in-fat though).
He then tells me he wants a chicken for a pet and asks me if that can happen.
Me- people can have chickens for a pet, but they poop a lot.
L- Soooo, they can be a pet?
Me- yes...
L- Can I have one for a pet?
Me- No, they are stinky cuz they poop so much.
L- Well, we could keep them outside
Me- They need a chicken house and I don't have money for a chicken house
L- Well...what if someone gave us a chicken for a pet
R joins in with- I don't want a pet chicken
Me- And we still don't have a chicken house
L- Well, what if they gave us everything for a chicken, even the house?
Me- Sure L, if someone gives us everything for a chicken then yes, we can keep it for a pet
Then R says- Then I sure hope a coyote would come and take care of it for us! And I mean it!
I laughed so hard!

The other day I was in my bathroom getting ready for bed while the boys were in theirs doing the same. I heard L yelling like his hand had been cut off. Well, I just rolled my eyes and kept doing what I was doing. When you know L, you know he is very loud and stubborn! Anyway, he keeps howling and then I hear this:
L- ~Wailing~
R- Well, if you'd stop shaving your face with your toothbrush L...
L- NO!! It's my eyes!
R- Well just wipe your face!
L- NO!!!! ~Wailing~
R- L! Wipe Your Face!
Then I hear...nothing, L finally listened to R and wiped the toothpaste off his face that he smeared all over it when he was pretending to shave his face while brushing his teeth. Yes, I laughed and laughed at those 2!

No comments: