Sunday, April 24, 2011

That Felt Pretty Cool!


We have a 1999 Dodge pick-up and the starter had been acting up lateley. Well, it finally happened, Thursday the starter gave up.I couldn't get the truck to start the day I was taking all the trash and recycling in. Aaarrrggghhhh!

A friend of ours took the old starter out and was going to put in a new one for me. I ordered a new one....only ordered a 1996 starter, so embarrassing!
The correct one was ordered and the day it came in our friend and J were unable to fix it. I could either wait til someone could do it or I could. Our friend showed me what I would need to do if I chose to install myself.

Hmm, I thought that I should give it a shot. It was intimidating but I told myself I'm capable enough to be able to fix 1 part on my truck.I have to say that my hands are not as strong as my hubby's. One part took me quite a while to connect. Usually you just have to plug in this cable, but I couldn't get it to click together. I ended up having to use 2 pliers.

I was surprised that it was as easy as it turned out to be. And man was it exciting to be the one to fix my truck! I felt like a kid who learned how to ride their bike or something!

No comments: