Saturday, April 9, 2011

Thank You!

We ran to Safeway to get a few groceries to hold us over til Monday.
After ringing up the cashier said,
"This has never happened before but a man came through and gave me 40$ and said to pay for the next persons groceries"

What?!
It was such a nice thing for someone to do. We only had 20$ worth of food so whoever went behind us will get 20$ off their grocery bill.

The boys were amazed too.
L asked me if we were ever going to do that for someone.
I told him maybe one day, but we didn't have to wait til we had extra money to leave with a cashier. We can help anyone, we just need to look for opportunities. I reminded them when they hold open a door, pick up something that someone has dropped, give extra help to a teacher, or help out another student at school it is giving and they should do that whenever they can.

I wish I could have said thank you to that person for the money and for the great example and teaching moment for my boys.

No comments: