Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Favorites

?Where do the weeks go?
Hello Friday!

1. Reading Olympics - The elementary school here does Reading Olympics every year. My boys have always been pretty excited about this. L is all about it this year. He hasn't always been the biggest fan of reading on his own. Each year he gets more confident and enjoys it more. This year I am loving hearing him read to me! Every day he has been reading out loud to me and it makes my heart smile!

2. Brothers - I love my own brother very much (and my awesome sister)! I also love seeing my boys be brothers! It makes the mom in me feel like winning the lottery when seeing them help each other, play together, and just hang out having fun together. They are so different from each other, can drive each other nuts, and can still have great times together.


3. Scrap Booking - I love the idea of scrap booking. I tried it out a few years ago but when started college it fell by the wayside. I kept mementos in a tub in the computer room.
Hurting my back opened a great time to start it back up. It was awesome to walk down memory lane looking through my boys' school papers and pics. I love them so much!
I have all their things out, I have to finish the organizing and then begin the assembling. We'll see how long this takes to get caught up on the past 4 1/2 years!

4. Military Discount -Michael's, the craft store, have a 10% discount for military on Wednesdays. I think its pretty cool when businesses give a discount for military. This week we were able to get a rocket pack for the boys at 45% off, can't wait to shoot them off!


5. Coupons - I love saving $!I had a ton of coupons this week and it was pretty fun seeing how much I saved on our groceries and house goods.

No comments: