Monday, February 7, 2011

B&N!


We are fans of Barnes and Noble here!
A new book is always very exciting :0)

I love it when the boys ask me to take them. It's also a standard for our date nights; J will always take me for a stroll in B&N.

Groupon had a special: 10$ for 20$ at B&N.
So during Saturday's date we got:

Calvin & Hobbes: There's Treasure Everywhere by Bill Watterson
R and I are big fans of these books.

A Wrinkle in Time by
Madeleine L'Engle
I remember my Mom telling me to read this when I was younger and I was not happy. But once I started I was hooked! (I guess I know where R gets his Eye-Rolling-Heavy-Sighing-Mom-You-Have-No-Idea attitude when I tell him to read a certain book!) J says he remembers reading this book and he said we have to make R read it...only R has to wait til J and I are done with it!

Elantris by Brandon Sanderson
J really enjoys this authors work.

Jumper Cable by Piers Anthony
When I was younger I read every Xanth novel I could get my hands on, they were my favorite. I think its cool new stories keep coming out. Every once in a while its nice to revisit the land of Xanth.

Pokemon: The Rise of Darkrai by Ryo Takamisaki
L is a big fan of Pokemon like his big bro. Recently his 2nd grade class has learned about Chinese New Year and a few things about Chinese culture. He thought the direction of their books were amazing. It was funny to see how excited he was when R brought out his Pokemon graphic novel; it reads backwards! He gobbled that book up and so we picked him up this one. Both R and L are sure liking it.

No comments: