Thursday, March 1, 2012

Long Time No Post!

Wow, this is the 1st post for the year 2012!
We are all doing Great; J is still on shore duty, R & L are finishing up their basketball season this month, and I recently quit working at our towns video store to spend more time at home w/the kids (I was a shift lead for about 6 months). My 1st job was a blessing and I was grateful for the opportunity.

The whole family is in scouting.
J is a BSA leader and works with the 12-13 yr. olds and R is a boy scout. I am a BSA leader for cub scouts and L is a wolf. Last night L earned 5 pins, 7 belt loops, and his Bobcat & Wolf badge. He was Very happy with his awards!

The boys are doing excellent in school, J's work schedule is amazing, and life is just wonderful. We have many blessings that I am so grateful to our Heavenly Father for. Now that I have a bit more time I plan on trying to update more.

This is my 1st week off on my 'work-break' and I have a list of goals and aspirations. J teased me and asked me if I had a list for my lists....well, I do! It was a nerdy-me moment I admit! But I have all this time given to me where I don't have to write essays or work a shift and I want to make the best of it!

My Dream List includes:
Sewing projects: apron, L's quilt, curtains, YW camp projects

Gardening: Plant map of the 3 plots and will start seedlings inside
Renovations & Organizing: We are almost done w/our bathroom, then on to the pantry and hopefully a few more things if I can recruit J :0)I've plans for every room in the house, and for outside too

Camps: L & I will have cub day camp, R has Boy Scout camp, & I have YW girls camp; they all take place in July and I am totally excited for them all!

Scouting: The other leader and I have some great plans for our boys and I love working with them & I plan to help J in working with R to get a jump on his merit badges



Swimming: I will be a lifeguard at girls camp this year and R has some swimming requirements for scouts; next week we are starting our visits to the pool

No comments: