Thursday, May 5, 2011

11/2006 - 5/2011


This week I finished my Bachelors in Business Administration HR!

I started college November 2006 with University of Phoenix and earned my AA in Paraprofessional education. I then finished up my BS in business with Kaplan University. Both were completed from home with online courses.

Now what?
Well, this summer I am going to fully enjoy being a stay-at-home Mom to my boys. I hope to find employment this fall when the boys start school again.

The boys are really funny and they say that they are 50-50 about me going to work. They don't like the idea that I might have to be somewhere that is not our home. L says it will be weird if I'm not home because I'm always home. But then they really like the idea of me making money!
I have a wonderful husband who will support me in anything that I do---and always has.

I'm relieved that its done, excited that I don't have weekly assignments anymore, horrified at the idea of paying student loans, nervous about whats in the future. This signals a new chapter in my life.
The past 4 years I have been working towards this goal and now I've accomplished it. This goal was so that I could eventually begin some type of career because the boys won't stay young forever. A part of me is sad that life is evolving because its proof that my job as SAHM to my 'little boys' is changing and will never be the same.

No matter what these degrees bring me I am grateful to Heavenly Father for blessing me with my dream job as a SAHM and for the blessings of an education. I know he will help me as I transition into the new adventures waiting for me and my family.

1 comment:

zippy said...

Congratulations Bonster! You are amazing!