Tuesday, September 21, 2010

School!

The beginning of the month brought the new school year.

R is in 6th grade, his first year of middle school

L is in 2nd grade

This year their schedules are a little different, R leaves and gets home before L. I wasn't sure how this would play out, but I like it. R & I get to hang out early in the morning while L is still asleep. Then I have about an hour of a quiet house before I get to hang out with L before he goes to school. And I know that R likes that hour in the afternoon to unwind before L gets home.

L's teacher 'looped' with the class, that means he got to move up to second grade with the class. L was So Excited! We all think Mr. Ldbg. is one Great teacher!
R made it into honors humanities (language arts & social studies) and got to skip another year of math, so now he's 2 years ahead in math.

I love how well they both do in school, how much fun they have, and all the learning they get to do. But, I always miss them too, the beginning of the school year is Not my favorite!

No comments: