Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday Favorites!

1. Sew! This week I have learned how to make quilt blocks. I've always wanted to sew them before, but was always intimidated by it. There is a family quilt being made and everyone had to contribute, so I made 6. I found 'Quilt Blocks' by JoAnn's. They had precut fabric and step by step instructions. J and I used the precut fabric as templates for our material and then I sewed them up. It worked! I was so surprised and pretty happy...maybe sewing isn't so bad.

2. Books on CD! I love children's books on cd. In the car we are listening to Geronimo Stilton books 1-3. L has been listening to Junie B. Jones books 1-8 at night in his room. Other favorites are the Laura Ingalls Wilder books on CD.

3. Dry Erase! We have a white board that L uses everyday. He draws pictures and writes notes all the time. He was having a bad day so I surprised him with a dry erase marker pack that had 8 different colors, he was so happy!

4. Quarters! The boys Love little quarter machines. I think I could get them to do anything with the promise of quarters for the quarter machine! Last night I took them to our local pizza place because they have video and toy machines. The car race was a hit and the favorite toy was 'Mystic Stones'. Its colored rocks with a paper showing where the rocks were found on the earth and a 'special' power each rock has.

5. Star Trek!
J bought our 1st Blue ray movie, it was the new Star Trek. We both liked it and thought it was a pretty good movie. Blue ray is pretty cool too!

1 comment:

Thomas Family said...

quilt block's lookin' good :)