Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's a New Year!

Happy New year! Wow, 2009, that's crazy cool!

2009
Graphics & Myspace layouts



We spent New years Eve at J's sister's. It was fun, we had pizza, snacks, and games (no I didn't win any, oh-the shame!). We rang in the New Year watching the fire works on TV and the kiddo-s got confetti poppers which they loved. It was a fun night!

2008 was a great year, I think I accomplished and experienced a lot, here's a small recap of my year:

*Earned a college degree
*Filled my callings in Young Women's and Girls Camp
*Learned how to play soccer
*Successfully passed 3 deployments
*Lost weight, gained weight, lost it, gained it, and then lost it again
*Survived my baby going to Kindergarten
*Went on a few trips
*Enjoyed both boys in sports and extra curricular activities
*Went thru a few different hair colors and lengths
*Got new furniture, car, and truck
*My BFF moved here
*Enjoyed countless moments w/J and the boys
*Been incredibly blessed
*Gained more faith and a stronger testimony

Now here's an attempt at this year's New Year's Resolution for myself:

1. Laugh More
2. Love More
3. Cut Loose More
4. Try to be on time more
5. Keep rockin it in College
6. Keep up w/my Workouts
7. Hold FHE more regularly
8. Spend lots of time w/my Boys and my J
9. Learn something new outside of College

I think 9 items is a good number since it's 2009! I know some of these things are objective, but at the same time important to me...I'm not sure what my learn something new will be, I have a few ideas:

~Really work on learning how to converse in Sign Language, I know some but not enough to actually hold a conversation with it...
~Maybe learn how to play the guitar since I'm absolutely ADDICTED to guitar hero, its just the coolest game ever (oops, I mean rockin'-est game ever!)...
~Or learn how to sew for real, but I seriously doubt that will happen this year since I'd rather poke out my eyeballs...
~Or learn to knit but that is unlikely as well since it's so close to sewing that I may end up being blinded by my attempts to better myself...
~Or my something new could be something I haven't stumbled across yet, I've got a whole year to learn whatever it is I'm gonna learn, so we'll see!

No comments: