Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Favorites!

It's been a long time since I've done a Friday Favorites! Well, I think it's because I was out of school, then the holidays...Now life has become more structured again, it was like I had a summer break during the winter!

Anyway, here's this weeks favorites:

1. Basketball: R is in basketball and he is rockin' it! We have introduced him to Tae Kwan Do and he hated it. Next was soccer, he REALLY hated it! The past 2 yrs he was in baseball. He did pretty good, but he got so bored, but I can't blame him, baseball puts me to sleep like golf does. I told him this was the last year I'd make him try a sport.
*side note- We told R he had to try at least one sport a year and that he had to try scouts for a few years, to see what he likes and to learn new skills. We told him piano is not an option he HAS to learn that :-) however, this was the last year we were making him play a sport, after this year it was entirely up to him*
Anyway, basketball was the very last sport and he wasn't that enthused. Well, I'm glad I introduced him to it! He is LOVING it! For the last practice he was actually ready 2 hours before it started! So funny! He told me this was his sport and he wants to play every year. It's so fun to see him play, and its so fun to see him find things that he likes. I just love that boy!

2. Belgium waffle maker - I got a cheep 10$ Belgium waffle maker at Walmart and it was the best investment ever! J has been making up big batches of batter and making homemade 'eggo' waffles for the boys and freezing them. R loves it because he can make his own breakfast in the morning. I love it for the same reason!

3. My college Fitness class - I'm in 'Current Trends in Exercise and Fitness' I was wondering how it would work; I thought it would be all about workout techniques. Well, its so much more than that. It is the perfect combination of psychology and fitness for me! This weeks syllabus focuses on Behavior Change. When I told J about it he said, "Hey that's perfect for us!" The 2 of us are focusing on our health lately. I completed a project that was actually a Personal Contract. I'm using this to help me set very specific goals in relation to my fitness and diet levels. This idea can actually be incorporated into any behavior changes a person would want to make. Sometimes I sure love going to school!

4. Chocolate Health - I have always had a hard time taking vitamins. Well, I've found these chocolate chews that are vitamins and I love them!

5. Microsoft Outlook - I've never used this feature before. But I somehow set it up on my laptop! I really like it since I've been using the calendar feature, I have become so organized with it. I've even added a 'summary' to each day for my journal of the days happenings, that's huge for me!

2 comments:

The Peine Family said...

I am so excited about the waffles! It never occurred to me that I could make homemade waffles and freeze them! I love to cook, but HATE making breakfast, so this could save me, since we all like to eat breakfast at our house. One other thing...I hate to be a naysayer about the vitamins, but have you heard about the conflicting studies on vitamins lately? I'm not sure how I feel about it all yet, and I still take a vitamin probably once a week, but there's an Ensign article that might help, "Cancer, Nutrition, and The Word of Wisdom" by William T. Stephenson, MD.

Anna said...

I was so excited to see you on my blog!!! I will put you on my SALT blog so I can keep better track of you. Coming to your blog brings back some really fun memories. love ya
Anna