Thursday, November 20, 2008

I can't hardly believe it...


So I've wanted a laptop for a long time. My Momba got me one a few years ago, but I wasn't able to get it to do the things I needed for school. Its a cute little computer that will be R's for playing PC games and learning how to type, and for him to write stories and keep a journal.
So, since I earned my AAPE and then enrolled in with a bachelors program I thought I deserved a new laptop with all the trimmings.
Well, I shopped around and I picked out a Dell Studio 17. I mean, this thing is so rockin' awesome I just can't believe it! I got a discount for signing on as a member to Dell's website, then I got another discount for using my student ID, and I got free shipping, pretty sweet huh?!
It came yesterday, its a grey swirly design with a pink trim. My friend M's son said, 'Is that pink, why?!' I told him I was a girl and I earned it!
Another sweet deal was I got Microsoft ultimate office for 91% off from U of Phoenix online and I downloaded that onto this computer yesterday too.
So now I can be anywhere I need to be to do my homework (or blog, or email!) I no longer have to be stuck in the computer room! I'm looking forward to those assignments I will have out in the living room/dining room/or sitting on my bed.

No comments: