Sunday, December 16, 2007

Professional At Dinner!


I just love hanging with the boys, they say and do the funniest things! Lately L has been asking me to make meatloaf, R instantly says "NO!" He has no fond memories of the stuff. Tonight during dinner L holds up his garlic bread to his face and says "Mom look, I'm like that kid with the meatloaf!" and makes pig noises, he was imitating the little bro on A Christmas Story.
Then R says "Hey, can we play with our food?!" I told him no, then he looks at me like, why in the world can we not play with food? So then I say "OK, just don't get it on the carpet or your clothes." R looks at me like I am seriously lacking in wisdom and says in all seriousness "Mom, I'm a professional at playing with my food, it helps me eat faster!" I just cracked up as he continued to tell me how he plays with his food during lunch at school and so it only "takes me about 10 minutes to eat it all!"

Ahh, I just love these boys!

2 comments:

Guinevere said...

I love that movie! Especially the part where they talk about the mother not getting a hot meal in a bazillion years. Don't tell my boys you let yours play with their food..deal?

Natalie said...

What funny boys... I haven't watched that show in ages - we may have to check the library for it!