Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Update!

We've had busy full days now that Spring has arrived!
I had a combined birthday dinner/Easter dinner with some friends of ours, it was a wonderful day. I got beautiful Orchids, my favorite candies, a new backpack with a water pouch, flowers, pics on my wall from my best friends ever, and homemade ice cream cake!

It is garden time and this year, I wanted bigger and better than ever! I put in more strawberries, onions, spinach, various lettuce, cute-cumbers, 3 kinds of pumpkin, 2 kinds of squash, zucchini, 2 kinds of peas,3 kinds of beans, carrots, peppers, corn, potatoes, raspberries, and some herbs. I've also planted some flower seeds here and there.


J has a list of things he wants to get done before his schedule gets too hectic and he has been working hard! He has built the coolest chicken house, both sides of the roof lifts up and there are little boxes for nests inside. The little house and enclosed cages are completely portable, they are not all attached to each other, but all have openings that fit together. This way we have been moving them around and next month they are being placed on the back of the property. He has been clearing, rototilling, and burning as well. There is more grass seed to be put down and even more clearing that he plans on doing.

R is all done with basketball, he had a fabulous season! He learned so much, grew so much, and had so much fun! He is still working on the piano and his Bear cub scouts, he is rockin the 4th grade too! L is doing so well in school, he is turning into a book hound big time! He is our busy little boy who is always full of new ideas, funny faces, and goofy antics!
I have been slaving away over my school work, just teasing! It must just be harder for me to do school work when the weather is so nice. I'd much rather be outside than inside studying! I have really been enjoying gardening, hanging with friends and my little family. I did get some Spring cleaning done and this is my favorite outcome: I got this idea from a friend of mine. I love how it looks up ontop of my cupboards with pics of the boys instead of as a place for storage!

I have to say, Spring Rocks!

1 comment:

Thomas Family said...

Way to be self sufficient. I know where I'm runnin' when the big one hits.